Table of Contents Show
Exit Pursued By a Bruised Ego
Exit Pursued By a Bruised Ego is one of the missions available in Red Dead Redemption 2’s second chapter. The mission can be started in the gang hideout. You have to accompany Hosea in his hunt for a legendary bear. The game gives you opportunity to track the animal down and to confront this enormous bear.
How to get a gold medal in Exit Pursued By a Bruised Ego?
- Track the bear in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds – Don’t waste your time on examining the tracks carefully or on listening to your comrade’s comments.
- Shoot the bear at least 6 times – Use the Dead Eye with your revolver and shoot the bear as soon as it appears. You can also shoot a few times at the bear when it starts running away.
- Complete the mission in less than 12 minutes – Be fast in the stable, try to quickly hunt a rabbit, and don’t stop when you are riding on your horse.
Acquire A Horse For The Journey
- Take off your saddle from your main horse.
- Place the saddle onto the black horse next to Hosea.
- Mount the black horse, and follow Hosea into Valentine.
- Sell the black horse in the Stable, and buy a new horse.
4. You Will Need To Bond With Your New Horse
Your new horse will not have lots of health and stamina at the beginning. However, the bond will grow by feeding, brushing, calming, etc. Increase the health and stamina of your horse by bonding with it.
Travel To O’Creagh’s Run
- Mount your new horse, and follow Hosea to O’Creagh’s Run.
- Hunt and kill a Rabbit.
- Bring back the Rabbit to Hosea, and stow it on your Horse.
- Set up your camp to rest for the night.
- Cook and eat the Rabbit you just hunted.
- Go to sleep.
2. Use A Bow To Kill The Rabbit
Guns may ruin the meat and/or pelt of the rabbit. It would be best to use a Bow to hunt and kill the Rabbit instead.
4. Create A Camp From The Item Wheel
You will be able to set up camp by selecting it from the Crafting slot in your item wheel.
Hunt The Bear
- Craft Potent Predator Bait in your Camp.
- Tear down your camp.
- Follow Hosea down by the river to start tracking the bear.
- Unmount your horse and look for clues on the bear’s whereabouts.
- Follow the bear’s trail.
- Choice A: Split up and look for the bear.
Choice B: Place bait and wait for the bear.*
- Choice B: Accompany Hosea to check on the bait.
- Choice B: Shoot the bear multiple times.
- Choice B: Check to see if Hosea is alright.
- Choice A: Stay and continue hunting the bear.
Choice B: Go with Hosea back to camp.
*In this walkthrough, Choice B was chosen in No. 6
4. Use Eagle Eye To Easily Find Clues
You will be able to easily spot the clues left behind by the bear using the Eagle Eye Mode Arthur has.
6. Choose To Split Up Or Place Bait
You will be given a choice on how you want to approach hunting the bear. Choosing to place bait will keep you and Hosea together, when the bear finds you.
9. Use Dead Eye To Shoot The Bear
Dead Eye will slow down time, and allow you to shoot the bear multiple times before it can hit you!
10. Choose To Continue Hunting Or Accompany Hosea Back To Camp
You will be given a choice to stay and continue hunting the bear, or accompany Hosea back to camp. Choosing to accompany Hosea will exit the Mission.
More of this sort of thing:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Hunt The Bear Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Controls for PS4 and Xbox One
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Travel To O’Creagh’s Run Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – The Veteran Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Escape From The Skinner Brothers Camp Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – The Aftermath of Genesis Walkthrough