Table of Contents Show
In this 60 Parsecs! guide you will learn everything you need for a good start!
Other 60 Parsecs! Guides:
Despite his brilliant mind, Emmet has always been undervalued and misunderstood by his peers. Seeking scientific challenge- and to get away from his ungrateful job as a chemistry teacher- he signs up for the Astrocitizen program, hoping this could be the place where he can finally earn the appreciation and respect he deserves.
Captain’s Goal: Make five successful Intelligence attribute decisions.
Boost: Experimental [You generate a small amount of materials daily.]
A former child athlete, whose promising career was ended by an untimely injury. As an adult, she struggles to reinvent herself, but the reality is far from what she imagined. She joins the Astrocitizen Program in hopes of regaining the confidence and finally becoming the champion she was always destined to be.
Captain’s Goal: Make 7 sucessful attribute decisions of any type.
Boost: Caffeinated [Your hunger decays slower.]
Baby is an adult man, but a very simple-minded one. From a young age, his biggest asset has been his extraordinary physical strength and build. Due to this, Baby is manipulated by his small-time crook parents and becomes a criminal himself. The Astrocitizen Program is quite literally an escape… and a second chance.
Captain’s Goal: Become friends with at least 3 of your crewmates.
Boost: Friendly [You can make friends faster.]
Maegan has spent her full life caring for a family laundry business and her own busy household. After retiring and giving the venue to her children, Maegan craves a new purpose and new challenges. She doesn’t expect much from that wacky Astrocitizen Program she signed up for on a whim, but life might still have some surprises in store for her.
Captain’s Goal: Keep a full crew alive for 30 days.
Boost: Tough [You are less likely to suffer from poor health.]
Everyone’s first impression of Tom Thomson is that of a decorated major, brave and courageous. A man who has seen it all. Sporting a dastardly eye patch and a coat of once magnificent blonde hair, Tom believes to be everyone’s dream come true and the personification of the American hero. Except, none of this is true.
Captain’s Goal: Send 5 successful expeditions on a strange, new world.
Boost: Daydreamer [You are less likely to go insane.]
Here’s the list of all items in the game and what do they do.
1. Can of Soup
- The main thing, what helps you survive. You will need many of these.
(Also, good for crafting things, because you can carry infinite amounts of it)
- Cures the deseases.
3. Sock doll
- Cures the insanity.
- A telephone, but for space.
- You will need this, then you land on the planet.
- For the fights, of course!
- Very useful in the late game.
6. Duct tape
- Need to fix the ship.
- Also, you will need this in most of events.
- To filter the air.
- You will need this in the early game.
- Protects your body.
- Useful in the middle and late game.
- Space expeditions are walk in the park with it.
9. The astrocitizen manual
- A handbook for all your needs.
- Very useful at the any stage of the game.
- Cant be crafted.
10. An Artifact
- The golden statue of the cow.
- Very useful in some of the events.
- Useful in some of the events.
- Helps in the dark places.
- “The best weapon for every survivalist”
- Not really useful.
- Super-duper Duracell battery.
- Very useful in some of the events.
14. Resource Pack
- Large box with some resources in it.
- (Chemicals, Minerals, Energy or Random)
- Can be found only on the start.
2. The Game
2.1 The survival basics
So, you made it! You are in the space! But what to do next? This page of our guide will help you!
- Your crew needs food. Feed them once in 5 days, that should be enough.
- Try to land on the planet as soon as possible.
- There’s a crafting device on the ship. Use it as much as you can.
- Think before you choose, what to do next.
- Send expeditions on the planets.
- Craft medkit as fast as you can. It needs very much time to craft, so if you catched a desease, and there is no medkit, you very likely will be dead.
2.2 Your spaceship
List of all the devices, what currently available in your ship.
1. Crafting machine
- You can craft and recycle things and upgrade your spaceship here.
- Crafting machine needs resources, so you need to find them somewhere.
- Can be upgraded to make more items.
2. Main computer
- You can see, what troubles meet your crew this day, and solve them here.
- Think before you make a choice!
- You can see results of the past day choices here.
- Send people on to scavenge in it.
- Can carry 2 things.
- Can be upgraded to carry more (up to 4 things).
- Pull it, and you will finish the day.
6. Navigation system
- Helps navigate your scavenges on the planet.
- Can be upgraded to go further on the scavenge.
Starting Tips and Tricks
#1: At the moment pick Emmet as your captain, he is vastly superior to the other charecters with perfect stat options and a special ability to generate a small amount of materials every turn which is extrememly usefull in the long run.
#2: Only feed your crew when they are in the “Starving” status as it is a waste of food to give it to them in any other status. (In emergancy situations its sometimes ok to leave them in a starving state for one day but dont try this often as Ive found it sometimes backfires and youll wake up to a new corpse in the morning to deal with)
#3: Make sure to start with a good starting speech and become friendly to your crewmates. If they are not fully loyal to you then they will refuse to go out on scavenging missions making the game vastly more difficult.
#4: Always make sure your either crafting or recycling useless items to make more soup or other useful materials. Its a waste to leave to machine off for a day.
#5: Go on space walks as much as possible because without them it will be hard to keep your crew alive with the lack of materials.
#6: I dont remember many of the quests but some standout answers are, Dont eat the soap, Repair the Vending machine, Grab the crates floating outside your spacecraft, If your locked outside use agility not strength, If the alien wnats you to spill soup dont spill soup. Also if the computer is malfunctioning be sure to read because I know there is one event where it tests to see if your reading and if you arent and clicking random crap it will auto kill your game. Also dont put any items into the cow offering besides the relic. Another thing if the toilet is clogged ignore it.
#7: In the startup phase I personally recommend grabbing only 1 to 2 people because going alone is near impossible and having 4 will drain your food faster then a 500 pound man in your house.
#8: Try and grab a good mix of items in the startup phase and not just a bunch of soup or be like “omg a gun ima drop everything for da ray gun” -Every 12 year old that plays this game.
#9: Befriend the cockroaches they are suprisingly nice and useful.
#10: If you need intellegenge material and need to recycle an item make sure to upgrade it using the rock material then recycle it to get double the intellegence material.
Thats all i’ve got for now. Be sure to fix any mistakes that I may have put in and also leave your own tips below and Ill gladly add them overtime and credit you. Good luck Captain!
More of this sort of thing:
- 60 Parsecs! – Character Info
- 60 Parsecs! – Items and Events Guide
- 60 Parsecs! – A Simple Survival Strategy
- 60 Parsecs! – General Starting Tips and Tricks
- 60 Parsecs! – Status Effects