Outward delivers an immersive RPG experience coupled with survival gameplay, offering a deeply-rewarding challenge for the most avid gamers.
As an ordinary adventurer, you’ll not only have to hide or defend yourself against threatening creatures, but also brave the hazardous environmental conditions, protect yourself against infectious diseases, make sure you get enough sleep, and stay hydrated. Embark on perilous expeditions across untamed lands to reach new cities, undertake varied missions and discover hidden dungeons crawling with formidable enemies.
Other Outward Guides:
- Outward All Crafting Recipes
- Outward Debug Menu
- Outward Get the Biggest Backpack
- Outward All Factions
- Outward All Skill Tree
- Outward How to Make Money
- Outward Achievements Guide
- Outward Efficient Cooking Guide
In order to survive in the dazzling yet deadly world of Aurai, you’ll have to be cunning, clever and prepared. Devise diverse strategies to defeat your foes and don’t neglect your basic needs, sharing your journey with a friend, locally or online.
Just thought I’d share this in case it’s useful to anyone who encounters a bug that deletes their stuff or gets their character stuck. You can also use this to backup saves just in case. I encountered an issue where a bag of stuff I dropped inside a dungeon was deleted and everything inside was reset after I exitted and returned. Used this to reload to the last time I was inside the dungeon and just made sure to pick everything up before exiting.
- Go to wherever your Steam Library folder is. By default it’s usually in Program files>Steam>SteamApps>common.
- Open “Outward” > “SaveGames” > Open the folder inside. It’ll be named something like “76561198048805218”
- Each of the folders in here are named “Save_[some code]” and represent a character’s save file. Look at the “Date Modified” column to help figure out which one you want and open it. It may also just be in the same order that it appears in the loading menu.
Note: Copy and paste the character folder somewhere else as a backup
Up to 15 folders named with a sequence of numbers are in here. Each of these is an autosave. Look at date modified to figure out the time of the save. Now, just remove / delete the saves you don’t want. Then start Outward and continue your game. It will load the most recent save in that character’s folder. You can try removing one at a time then starting the game to load the save and see where it’s at. Usually it tends to autosave right before you sleep / enter a new area or right as you die.