Other X4: Foundations Guides:
- X4: Foundations – Controls
- X4: Foundations – Sector Map
- X4: Foundations – Beginner’s Guide
- X4: Foundations – All Crafting Recipes
- X4: Foundations – Data Vault Locations
- X4: Foundations – How to Use the AutoMiner
- X4: Foundations – Basic Concepts for New Players
What is container storage, what is build storage?
When you start building a station, the first thing added or created is a so called “Build storage”. This is basically a fragile tower of containers near your future station where transporters can deploy the resources needed for building. It grows over time when more resources are in stock for building (management happens over the build UI).
In contrast to this the operational station, has internal storage through its ware storage modules. This means an operating station can have two seperate sets of storage that also give seperate trade offers. You can tell the difference on the map through the little “build” icon.
If your station happens to have the same resources that your build storage needs, the transfer between the two can happen automatically (through XS ships). Normally ships with WARE EXCHANGE orders are needed for this.